glitzoart

This blog is now the place where I will share images about my home 'renovation' journey - basically all cosmetic re-do...but this will avoid clogging my art blog with the home pics. As always, my art can be seen on my website: http://www.glitz-oh.com/, and also on my art blog: http://glitzohgirl.typepad.com/ I may also include a few other ramblings as the mood strikes.

Monday, March 05, 2007

Step 5 ...now on to the ceiling cracks

(click on image to enlarge it)
Halfway through the first patching....when done and dry, I need to wet sand the patches, apply second coat, when that's dry, sand again, and then if needed, do a third coat...or else after the 2nd coat, I'll apply a coat of primer, then my 'sand' textured paint (to blend with the existing plaster), and finally paint with the 'real' color - which is just a very pale cream color (already got that, to cheer me up! :))....that's the plan anyway, if my neck holds up....don't worry- I'll be wearing my respirator and eye gear when I sand- even though it's with a wet sander...

(oh - and the light??) we'll kiss that puppy goodbye when I'm done..my reward to myself for finishing this room is going to be a new light fixture! Yes!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home