glitzoart

This blog is now the place where I will share images about my home 'renovation' journey - basically all cosmetic re-do...but this will avoid clogging my art blog with the home pics. As always, my art can be seen on my website: http://www.glitz-oh.com/, and also on my art blog: http://glitzohgirl.typepad.com/ I may also include a few other ramblings as the mood strikes.

Saturday, May 07, 2005

Put A Cork In It!


After a member of on online art group asked about mounting rubber stamps on more than one side of a block of wood, I got to thinking about carving on both sides of a cork- and tested that theory by carving this set of alphabet cork stamps today. They might not be labeled * fine art*, but they suit my interest in quirky art. Though it didn't get the garden weeded, I had fun.




Posted by Hello

2 Comments:

Blogger Dawn said...

Great idea. These will be fun to use. I too am trying to add more of "my" stuff and less purchased stuff in my art.

I love that tray of cork stamps in Jason Thompson's book. Trouble is, nobody drinks wine around here. Hmm, I wonder if the communal wine at church comes with corks?

12:48 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

ooooh i really like this idea. i don't drink wine either, tho, so i think i'll check ABSupplyTraders Yahoo group to see if anyone has a stash of corks just waiting for use...

7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home