glitzoart

This blog is now the place where I will share images about my home 'renovation' journey - basically all cosmetic re-do...but this will avoid clogging my art blog with the home pics. As always, my art can be seen on my website: http://www.glitz-oh.com/, and also on my art blog: http://glitzohgirl.typepad.com/ I may also include a few other ramblings as the mood strikes.

Tuesday, May 03, 2005


Rather than toss the freezer paper used for the glued layers of papers, I've made faux paste paper instead, using the SHINY side on which to paint (that way, the reverse matte side can be adhered with any adhesive, liquid or otherwise). I used Golden's heavy bodied acrylic paints, mixed with glazing liquid (to retard drying time) and a bit of water. The paints were brushed on and texturized with my little orange rubber texturizer. Once dry, I applied a contrasting coat of paint, and repeated the process. I also used the wooden tip of my paint brush to scrape the 's' scroll centers, exposing a bit of the white of the freezer paper.
This piece is 18"W X 30"L Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home